Congratulations to the following 2014 #SequoiaPassport winners!
Trip to Wine Country in California - Louie Yuen
Weekend Getaway to Burrowing Owl Winery - Lay Nang Tran
Wine & Dine The Teahouse Restaurant - Salam Aljanaby
Thank you to everyone who participated, and hope everyone joined Dine Out Vancouver with us this year!
To check out some of our #EnjoySequoia photo contest entries,CLICK HERE!
Rules and Regulations
QUAILS’ GATE Official Contest Rules
1. QUAILS’ GATE Contest (the "Contest") runs from 12:00 a.m. (midnight) PST on January 17th, 2014 11:59 p.m. EST on February 7th, 2014 (the "Contest Period"). This Contest is sponsored by Appellation Wine Marketing.
How to Play
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, email your Name, Address, Date of Birth, and Telephone Number to: vancouverdine.com. Limit: One entry per person, per email address, per Contest Period. Sponsor will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, misdirected or late entries, which will be void. Any use of automated devices is prohibited. Only eligible entries received during the Contest Period will be entered in the Contest.
3. There is Two (2) Grand Prizes available to be won. The Grand Prize is a $100 Gift Certificate to Sequoia Company of Restaurants. This is the prize that is provided by the Sponsor. The Grand Prize will be awarded to a British Columbia resident. The retail value of the prize package is $100 Cdn. The Grand Prize will be delivered to the winner by a courier as designated by the Sponsor. The prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be substituted for cash.
Grand Prize Draw
4. A random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period to select the potential Grand Prize winners will be held on August 30th, at approximately 5:00 p.m. PST at Appellation Wine Marketing. #400-601 West Broadway Street, Vancouver BC V5Z 4R9. (the “Contest Judge”). The Sponsor or its representatives will attempt to contact the selected entrant by telephone for a period of five business days following the draw date. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within the allotted time, he/she is no longer eligible to win the prize and the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, select at random another eligible entrant whom the Sponsor or its representatives will attempt to contact, and who shall in turn be subject to disqualification, in the same manner. The odds of being selected for the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
5. In order to be declared a winner, the potential winner of a Grand Prize must correctly answer, unassisted, a time-limited, arithmetic skill-testing question by telephone at a pre-determined mutually convenient time and will be required to complete, sign and return to the Sponsor a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a Release of Liability within 10 business days of delivery of same by the Sponsor, confirming compliance with the Contest rules and regulations and releasing the Sponsor, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, any Contest judging organization, provincial liquor authorities, parent companies and affiliates of the foregoing and all their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any and all liability of any kind in connection with the Contest, or occurring as a result of the prize being awarded. The winner authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, address, photograph, likeness and voice and/or statements, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no compensation to the winner. No participant will be declared a winner until his/her compliance with these Official Rules has been verified. Declaration of Release documents must be returned within the time period indicated on the documents or as requested by the Sponsor or its representative, or the Prize will be forfeited.
6. The provincial liquor agencies are not connected with this Contest in any manner whatsoever, and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter which relates to this Contest.
7. To enter and be eligible to win, an entrant must be a legal resident of British Columbia and must be 19 years of age or older at the time of entry in the Contest, and must not be an employee (and members of their immediate families) of the Sponsor, officer or director of any of the following, or a member of the immediate family of an employee of any of the following: the provincial liquor agencies, liquor licensees, or their affiliates, distributors, dealers, marketing representatives, printers, advertising and promotion agencies or independent Contest organization. For the purpose of this Contest, 'immediate family' is defined as parent, sibling, child or any person residing in the same household as, or domiciled with, any such employees or representatives.
8. If the identity of an entrant/winner is disputed, the entrant/winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the applicable email account is registered. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Sponsor's network equipment.
9. The prizes must be accepted as awarded. They may not be transferred or substituted for another prize (other than at the sole discretion of the Sponsor). The Sponsor reserves the right, for any reason whatsoever, in its sole and absolute discretion, to award a substitute prize of equivalent or greater value. Arrangements for prize delivery will be confirmed with the winner by email or telephone.
10. All decision(s) of the Contest Judges, who may be employees of the Sponsor or its affiliates or independent contractors, are final with respect to all aspects of the Contest, including, without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries. All entries are the property of the Sponsor.
11. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Contest rules and the decisions of the Contest Judges which are final. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification.
12. By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to save and hold harmless the Sponsor, its affiliates, the suppliers of the prize and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents from any and all liability for harm which the winner may suffer as a result of participation in the Contest, compliance or non-compliance with these Contest rules and acceptance and use of the prize, and the winner agrees to sign the Sponsor's form(s) of Declaration of Compliance and Release of Liability and Publicity Release documentation (see Rule 5 above) in this regard before receiving his/her prize. The Sponsor shall not bear any liability arising from or in any way relating to the Contest or the prize awarded.
13. The Sponsor reserves the right to change the terms of the Contest or terminate it at any time, without prior notice, if required. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if for any reason in the sole opinion of the Sponsor the Contest is not capable of running as planned or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of tampering, fraud, technical failures or any other reason beyond its control, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, including selecting winners and/or additional winners from previously received valid entries.
14. By entering this Contest, the winner consents and agrees to the use by the Sponsor or its agents of the winner's name, city of residence, photograph, likeness or other image, voice and/or statements for any advertising, promotion, publicity and/or for general news, information, entertainment or marketing purposes, without compensation (other than the prize) of any kind.
15. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled, undelivered, damaged or misdirected entries or for any technical problems of any kind affecting the operation or administration of this Contest, including, without limitation, any technical malfunction or failure of, or any other problem with, any computer hardware or software or any telephone network or lines or broadcast transmission during the Contest Period. The Sponsor will not be responsible for any injury or damage to the participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest.
16. This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law.
17. Personal information about entrants collected in connection with this Contest will be used only for the purpose of administering this Contest.